creates a directory with name dir.
creates a directory in the default area for temporary directories on your computer system.
- If is a single name, CreateDirectory creates a subdirectory of your current working directory.
- The directory created by CreateDirectory is initially empty.
- CreateDirectory returns the full name of the directory it creates, and $Failed if it cannot create the directory.
- CreateDirectory has attribute Listable.
- CreateDirectory creates a directory in the directory specified by the current value of $TemporaryDirectory.
- The default setting CreateIntermediateDirectories->True specifies that intermediate directories should be created as needed.
Introduced in 1991
(2.0)| Updated in 2007