deletes the element at position n in expr. If n is negative, the position is counted from the end.
deletes the part at position .
deletes parts at several positions.
- Deleting the head of a particular element in an expression is equivalent to applying FlattenAt to the expression at that point. »
- Deleting the head of a whole expression makes the head be Sequence. »
- Deleting a whole expression gives the result Sequence.
- Delete works on SparseArray objects.
- Applying Delete to an Association object yields an Association in which elements from the specified positions have been deleted.
- Delete[pos][expr] is equivalent to Delete[expr,pos].
Introduced in 1991
(2.0)| Updated in 2014