textually expands name to have the form of an absolute file name for your operating system.
- ExpandFileName["name"] interprets name relative to your current directory.
- ExpandFileName expands directory designations such as . and ...
- The result from ExpandFileName has the form of an absolute file name, with standard pathname separators appropriate for your operating system.
- ExpandFileName just operates on names of files; it does not actually search for the file specified.
- ExpandFileName[File["name"]] is also supported.
Introduced in 2008
(7.0)| Updated in 2016