attempts to find the current geo location of your computer.
gives an estimate of the geo location associated with the IP address given.
attempts to find the geo location associated with the street address given.
gives the geo location associated with the specified entity.
- FindGeoLocation may use built-in GPS or other capabilities, or may use geoIP lookup through the internet. Different methods may give results with different accuracy or correctness.
- IP addresses can be specified in the .
- FindGeoLocation returns a GeoPosition object containing or or containing Missing["NotAvailable"] if it cannot find an explicit geodetic location.
- FindGeoLocation has the option AmbiguityFunction.
- With the default setting AmbiguityFunction->Automatic, FindGeoLocation returns only the most probable geo location it identifies.
- With AmbiguityFunction->All, FindGeoLocation returns a list of all geo locations it identifies.