- The default is FontFamily->"Courier". Other common choices are and .
- The Wolfram Language will combine settings for FontFamily, FontWeight, FontSlant, FontTracking, and sometimes FontSize to construct a complete name for the font you want. It will then use this name, together with any settings you have specified for and , to try to locate an appropriate font on your particular computer system.
- When generating PostScript output on a printer or otherwise, settings you give for are typically used in preference to other font specifications.
- The Wolfram Language will try making replacements for the font family name that you specify with the option FontSubstitutions.
- The Wolfram Language by default uses heuristics such as translating to for appropriate computer systems.
Introduced in 1996