returns a version of that is aligned with .
- ImageAlign[image1,image2] finds a transformation of that registers it with and returns the result of applying this transformation to .
- ImageAlign works with arbitrary 2D and 3D images.
- The resulting image has the same dimensions as .
- The following options can be specified:
Background Automatic background value Method Automatic alignment method to use TransformationClass Automatic geometrical relation between images
- Possible settings for the Method option are:
Automatic automatically choose a suitable method "Keypoints" use corresponding keypoints "MeanSquareGradientDescent" minimize the mean square distance of corresponding pixels "Fourier" Fourier-based registration "FourierBlurInvariant" blur invariant Fourier-based registration
- With the default setting TransformationClass->Automatic, ImageAlign attempts to find the simplest possible transformation.
- Possible transformations in order of increasing complexity:
"Translation" translation only "Rigid" translation and rotation "Similarity" translation, rotation, and scaling "Affine" linear transformation and translation "Perspective" linear fractional transformation
Introduced in 2010
(8.0)| Updated in 2014