is a low-level box construct that displays as boxes but is interpreted on input as expr.
- InterpretationBox is used in the low-level representation of Interpretation. Except for low-level notebook expression manipulation, InterpretationBox should not need to be used directly.
- InterpretationBox provides a way to store hidden information in Wolfram Language output.
- InterpretationBox is generated sometimes in StandardForm output, and often in TraditionalForm output.
- The following options can be given:
AutoDelete False whether to strip the InterpretationBox if boxes is modified DeletionWarning False whether to issue a warning if boxes is deleted Editable False whether to allow boxes to be edited Selectable Automatic whether to allow boxes to be selected
- If you modify the displayed form of InterpretationBox[boxes,expr] only boxes will be modified, and there is no guarantee that correct correspondence with expr will be maintained.
- InterpretationBox has attribute HoldAllComplete.
An InterpretationBox is interpreted as the expression in its second argument:
The first argument of the InterpretationBox gives its visible format:
The InterpretationBox allows this form to be used as input without losing its meaning: