is an option for data visualization functions to automatically label elements of a visualization.
- LabelingFunction->f specifies that each chart element should have a label given by f[value,index,lbls], where value is the data value associated with the element, index is its position in the nested list of datasets, and lbls is the list of relevant labels.
- LabelingFunction->None specifies that no labeling should be done.
- LabelingFunction->pos places the default labels at position pos, such as Top, Bottom, Left, Right.
- A setting of Automatic will automatically place labels depending on the type of plot or chart.
- If the labeling function f returns a labeling expression expr not of the form Placed[…], the labeling expression is taken to be Placed[f[…],Automatic].
- Labels in a particular chart can be specified by ChartLabels, LabelingFunction, or explicit Labeled wrappers. All labels specified in all ways will be used in any given chart.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (5)
LabelingFunction uses the metadata as labels automatically:
Use a Panel around the values and place them above the bars:
Introduced in 2008