gives the generalized outer product of the , forming all possible combinations of the lowest‐level elements in each of them, and feeding them as arguments to f.
treats as separate elements only sublists at level n in the .
treats as separate elements only sublists at level in the corresponding .
- Outer[Times,list1,list2] gives an outer product.
- The result of applying Outer to the tensors and is the tensor with elements . Applying Outer to two tensors of ranks r and s gives a tensor of rank .
- The heads of all must be the same, but need not necessarily be List. »
- The need not necessarily be cuboidal arrays.
- The specifications of levels must be positive integers, or Infinity.
- If only a single level specification is given, it is assumed to apply to all the . If there are several , but fewer than the number of , the lowest‐level elements in the remaining will be used.
- Outer can be used on SparseArray objects, returning a SparseArray object when possible. »