gives a disjoint cycle representation of permutation perm.
- The input permutation perm can be given as a permutation list or in disjoint cyclic form.
- A permutation list is a reordering of the consecutive integers .
- PermutationCycles[perm] returns an expression with head Cycles containing a list of cycles, each of the form , which represents the mapping of the to . The last point is mapped to .
- PermutationCycles[perm,h] returns an expression with head h.
- The result of PermutationCycles is automatically canonicalized by rotating each cycle so that the smallest point appears first and ordering cycles by the first point.
Introduced in 2010
(8.0)| Updated in 2012