lhs:>rhs or lhsrhs
represents a rule that transforms lhs to rhs, evaluating rhs only after the rule is used.
- The character :> can be entered as :> or ∖[RuleDelayed].
- RuleDelayed has the attribute HoldRest.
- You can apply rules using Replace.
- The assignment lhs:=rhs specifies that the rule lhs:>rhs should be used whenever it applies.
- You can use Condition to specify when a particular rule applies.
- In StandardForm, RuleDelayed is printed using :>.
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1996