is a Wolfram System initialization file.
- Wolfram System initialization files contain start-up code to be evaluated whenever a Wolfram Language kernel or front end is launched.
- Possible locations for files include the following:
$BaseDirectory/Kernel kernel initialization code for all users $UserBaseDirectory/Kernel kernel initialization code for the currently logged-in user $BaseDirectory/FrontEnd front end initialization code for all users $UserBaseDirectory/FrontEnd front end initialization code for the currently logged-in user
- The user-specific initialization files within $UserBaseDirectory are read after the systemwide initialization files within $BaseDirectory, so any conflicting symbols will be defined as in the user-specific initialization files.
- The Wolfram System will also load files from directories.
- To suppress the loading of kernel initialization files, use the kernel command-line option -noinit.
- To specify another file to be used for kernel initialization in addition to , use the kernel command-line option -initfile file, where file is the additional initialization file.
- Template initialization files for the kernel are created automatically if they do not already exist.
- If front end options are changed while the Wolfram System is running, the user-specific front end initialization file will be updated automatically to reflect these changes. The systemwide front end initialization file will remain unchanged.