As of Version 8.0, has been renamed to BoxWhiskerChart and is part of the built-in Mathematica kernel.
creates a box-and-whisker plot of the given vector of data.
creates multiple box-and-whisker plots.
also creates multiple box-and-whisker plots, with each column of the matrix used for a separate box.
- To use , you first need to load the Statistical Plots Package using Needs["StatisticalPlots`"].
- creates a plot with a box that spans the distance between two quantiles surrounding the median with lines ("whiskers") that extend to span either the full dataset or the dataset excluding outliers.
- The default box spans from the 0.25 quantile to the 0.75 quantile.
- Quantiles used are equivalent to those computed using Quantile.
- Near outliers are defined as points beyond times the interquantile range from the edge of the box. Far outliers are defined as points beyond three times that range.
- has the same options as Graphics, with the following additions and changes:
BoxExtraSpacing 0 extra space to place between boxes BoxFillingStyle Automatic colors to use for the boxes BoxLabels Automatic labels for the boxes BoxLineStyle Automatic styles to use for lines in the graph BoxMedianStyle Automatic additional styles for the median line BoxOrientation Vertical orientation of the plot BoxOutlierMarkers Automatic markers for outlier points BoxOutliers None which outliers to indicate BoxQuantile 0.25 distance of quantile from median for box edges Frame True whether to put a frame around the plot
- BoxLineStyle and BoxMedianStyle can be any valid graphics directives for lines.
- Valid settings for BoxOrientation are and .
- Valid settings for BoxOutliers are None, Automatic, and All.
- Valid settings for BoxOutlierMarkers are the same as for PlotMarkers.
- Valid settings for BoxQuantile are numbers between zero and .