gives the current time zone to assume for dates and times.
- The time zone gives the number of hours which must be added to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) to obtain local time.
- U.S. Eastern Standard Time (EST) corresponds to time zone .
- Daylight Saving Time corrections must be included in the time zone, so U.S. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) corresponds to time zone .
- $TimeZone is set at the beginning of your Mathematica session to the time zone specified by your computer operating system.
- $TimeZone=z resets the current time zone for purposes of functions like DateString, DateList and AbsoluteTime.
- Settings for $TimeZone need not be integers.
- Mathematica assumes that the time returned by the system clock on your computer system is for the time zone corresponding to $TimeZone.
New in 6