BilateralFilter[image, , ]
applies a bilateral filter of spatial spread and pixel value spread to image.
applies a bilateral filter to an array of data.
- BilateralFilter is a nonlinear local filter used for edge-preserving smoothing.
- BilateralFilter replaces each pixel by a weighted average of its neighbors, using normalized Gaussian matrices as weights.
- BilateralFilter uses a Gaussian matrix of spatial radius 5/2 .
- BilateralFilter works with arbitrary grayscale and color images.
- BilateralFilter works with 3D as well as 2D images, and also with data arrays of any rank.
- When applied to multichannel images, BilateralFilter computes the Euclidean distance between channel vectors.
- BilateralFilter always returns an image of type .
- For large values of , bilateral filtering yields results similar to Gaussian filtering.
- By setting the option MaxIterations->n, up to n iterations of bilateral filtering are performed.
New in 8 | Last modified in 9