gives the morphological closing of image with respect to the structuring element ker.
gives the closing with respect to a range-r square.
applies closing to an array of data.
- Closing works with binary, grayscale, and other images.
- Closing works with 3D as well as 2D images, and also with data arrays of any rank.
- The structuring element ker is a matrix containing s and s.
- Closing automatically pads structuring elements to have odd dimensions.
- Closing[image, r] is equivalent to Closing[image, BoxMatrix[r]].
- If multiple image channels are present, Closing operates on each of them separately.
Closing removes holes that are smaller than the structuring elements: