BUILT-IN MATHEMATICA SYMBOL
- CompilationTarget applies to the creation of the compiled function.
- The following settings can be used:
|"WVM"||the Wolfram Virtual Machine|
- creates code for the traditional Mathematica virtual machine.
- creates C code, which is compiled to an external machine code library and linked back into Mathematica.
- External files created when a target is specified are deleted either after use or when Mathematica exits.
- A suitable external C compiler is required to target C code. If one is not found, Mathematica will use the .
- When either or targets are specified, the following additional settings can be used:
You can target C code generation from Compile:
This runs the compilation using C code:
C code generation runs faster:
The default operation using the WVM runs more slowly:
You can combine parallel operations with C code generation to get even faster operation:
New in 8