gives a version of image with all extended minima filled.
fills extended minima in regions where at least one corresponding element of marker is nonzero.
fills only extended minima of depth h or less.
- An extended minimum is a connected set of pixels surrounded by pixels that all have a greater value than the pixels in the set.
- FillingTransform[image] fills all extended minima by lifting their values to the lowest value found among the surrounding pixels.
- In FillingTransform[image, marker], marker can be given as a matrix or an image of the same dimensions as image.
- FillingTransform works with 3D as well as 2D binary, grayscale, and other images.
- FillingTransform by default treats all pixels surrounding a given pixel as adjacent. A given pixel has eight adjacent pixels in 2D and 26 adjacent pixels in 3D.
- The option setting CornerNeighbors->False treats only the pixels in the coordinate directions as adjacent, which would include four pixels in 2D and six pixels in 3D.
- FillingTransform takes a Padding option. The default setting is Padding->0, corresponding to a black background.
- For grayscale images, FillingTransform[image, h, Padding->1] effectively computes the h-minima transform.