gives the gain and phase margins of the linear time-invariant system lsys.
- The system lsys can be a TransferFunctionModel or a StateSpaceModel.
- GainPhaseMargins returns , where the are the phase crossover frequencies, the are the gain margins, the are the gain crossover frequencies, and the are the phase margins.
- The gain margins are absolute values and the phase margins are in radians.
- The gain margins are the reciprocals of the magnitude of lsys at the phase crossover frequencies.
- At the phase crossover frequencies, lsys has phase .
- The phase margins are phase lags needed to make the phase at the gain crossover frequencies.
- At the gain crossover frequencies, the gain of lsys is unity.
- The following options can be given:
FeedbackType "Negative" the feedback type Method Automatic method to use SamplingPeriod None the sampling period
- Explicit settings for the Method option include and . In each case the methods of Solve or NSolve can be specified as suboptions. The default setting of Automatic switches between these methods, depending on whether lsys is exact or inexact.
- GainPhaseMargins has the attribute Listable.
New in 8