gives a binary image in which white pixels correspond to constant extended minima in image.
finds extended minima where the range of values is not greater than h.
applies minima detection to an array of data.
- MinDetect[image] finds regional minima.
- An extended minimum is a connected set of pixels with values less than their surroundings.
- MinDetect[image, h] effectively fills minima of depth h or less and returns all remaining constant regional minima.
- MinDetect[image] is equivalent to MinDetect[image, 0].
- MinDetect by default treats all pixels surrounding a given pixel as adjacent. A given pixel has eight adjacent pixels in 2D and 26 adjacent pixels in 3D.
- The option setting CornerNeighbors->False treats only the pixels in the coordinate directions as adjacent, which would include four pixels in 2D and six pixels in 3D.
- MinDetect works with binary, grayscale, and other images.
- MinDetect works with 3D as well as 2D images, and also with data arrays of any rank.
- MinDetect takes a Padding option. The default setting is Padding->1, corresponding to a white background.