ParallelCombine[f, h[e1, e2, ...], comb]
evaluates in parallel by distributing parts of the computation to all parallel kernels and combining the partial results with comb.
- ParallelCombine[f, h[e1, ..., en], comb] forms expressions , , ..., , evaluates these on all available kernels, and combines the results with .
- The default combiner Join is appropriate for functions f such that the result of has head h. This includes all functions with attribute Listable.
- For heads h with attribute Flat the default combiner h effectively implements the associative law .
- With a compatible choice of comb, ParallelCombine[f, h[e1, e2, ...], comb] is equivalent to .
- If no kernels are available, ParallelCombine evaluates normally.
- ParallelCombine takes the same Method option as Parallelize.
- ParallelCombine takes the same DistributedContexts option as Parallelize; the default value is DistributedContexts:>$DistributedContexts.
New in 7 | Last modified in 8