applies f in parallel to each element on the first level in expr.
applies f in parallel to parts of expr specified by levelspec.
Details and Options
- ParallelMap is a parallel version of Map, which automatically distributes different applications of f among different kernels and processors.
- ParallelMap will give the same results as Map, except for side effects during the computation.
- ParallelMap uses the same level specifications as Map. Not all level specifications can be parallelized.
- Parallelize[Map[f,expr]] is equivalent to ParallelMap[f,expr].
- If an instance of ParallelMap cannot be parallelized, it is evaluated using Map.
- ParallelMap takes the same Method option as Parallelize.
- ParallelMap takes the same DistributedContexts option as ParallelTable.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Generalizations & Extensions (2)
Properties & Relations (10)
Possible Issues (6)
Introduced in 2008
(7.0)| Updated in 2010