- Parallelization applies to the execution of the compiled function.
- Compiled functions only run in parallel if Listable is one of the RuntimeAttributes and the function threads over list arguments.
- Compiled functions run in parallel using multiple threads of execution.
- Typically, $ProcessorCount is used to determine how many threads are used.
- If a compiled function running in parallel has several threads trying to call ordinary Mathematica code, only one thread can do this at any time.
- The following settings can be used:
True create parallel code False create single-thread code Automatic use parallelization for optimal arguments
New in 8