removes symbols completely, so that their names are no longer recognized by Mathematica.
Remove["form1", "form2", ...]
removes all symbols whose names match any of the string patterns .
- You can use Remove to get rid of symbols that you do not need, and which may shadow symbols in contexts later on your context path.
- Remove["form"] allows the following metacharacters:
* match zero or more characters @ match one or more characters, but not uppercase letters
- Remove["context`*"] removes all symbols in a particular context.
- Remove is HoldAll.
- Remove does not affect symbols with the attribute Protected.
- Once you have removed a symbol, you will never be able to refer to it again, unless you recreate it.
- If you have an expression that contains a symbol which you remove, the removed symbol will be printed as , where its name is given in a string.
New in 1