represents a symbol whose value is persistently stored in the cloud.
represents a persistent symbol corresponding to the cloud object obj.
represents a cloud symbol located at a given URI.
- Values can be assigned using CloudSymbol[name]=val or CloudSymbol[name]:=val.
- CloudSymbol[name] evaluates to give the value assigned for CloudSymbol[name].
- Values of cloud symbols are stored in cloud objects.
- CloudSymbol["name"] by default references a cloud object with the specified name within the directory $CloudSymbolBase.
- CloudSymbol["name",base] references a cloud object relative to the specified base.
- Cloud symbols can be shared between users if appropriate permissions are set on the underlying cloud objects.
- In CloudSymbol["name"], "name" can be any string.
- CloudSymbol[URL["loc"]] is also supported.
Introduced in 2014
(10.0)| Updated in 2016