BUILT-IN MATHEMATICA SYMBOL
tests whether the median of data is zero.
tests whether the median of is zero.
tests a location measure against .
SignTest[dspec, 0, "property"]
returns the value of .
- SignTest performs a hypothesis test on data with null hypothesis that the true population median is some value , and alternative hypothesis that .
- Given and , SignTest performs a test on the paired differences of the two datasets.
- By default a probability value or -value is returned.
- A small -value suggests that it is unlikely that is true.
- The data in dspec can be univariate or multivariate .
- If two samples are given, they must be of equal length.
- The argument can be a real number or a real vector with length equal to the dimension of the data.
- SignTest[dspec, 0, "HypothesisTestData"] returns a HypothesisTestData object htd that can be used to extract additional test results and properties using the form htd["property"].
- SignTest[dspec, 0, "property"] can be used to directly give the value of .
- Properties related to the reporting of test results include:
|"DegreesOfFreedom"||the degrees of freedom used in a test|
|"PValue"||list of -values|
|"PValueTable"||formatted table of -values|
|"ShortTestConclusion"||a short description of the conclusion of a test|
|"TestConclusion"||a description of the conclusion of a test|
|"TestData"||list of pairs of test statistics and -values|
|"TestDataTable"||formatted table of -values and test statistics|
|"TestStatistic"||list of test statistics|
|"TestStatisticTable"||formatted table of test statistics|
- For univariate samples, SignTest performs the sign test for medians of paired samples. The test statistic is assumed to follow a BinomialDistribution[n, 1/2] where n is the number of elements in dspec not equal to .
- For multivariate samples, SignTest performs an affine invariant test for paired samples using spatial signs. The test statistic is assumed to follow a ChiSquareDistribution[dim] where dim is the dimension of dspec.
- The following options can be used:
- For the SignTest, a cutoff is chosen such that is rejected only if . The value of used for the and properties is controlled by the SignificanceLevel option. By default is set to .
Test whether the median of a population is zero:
Test whether the spatial median of a multivariate population is some value:
Compute the test statistic:
Compare the median difference for paired data to a particular value:
Report the test results in a table:
Create a HypothesisTestData object for repeated property extraction:
A list of available properties:
Extract a single property or a list of properties:
New in 8