receive an HTTP upload file
- This provides a useful utility function for uploading files from the client to the server using multipart/form-data submissions.
- The contents of the file are saved in a new file on the server, and the name of this file is returned.
- The file on the server will eventually be cleared in a way similar to the clearing of image and other temporary files.
- The result of MSPGetUploadFile is a list of rules that show the filename on the server, the original filename on the client, and the content type.
"FileName" the name of the file on the server "OriginalFileName" the original name of the file before upload "ContentType" the content type of the file
- The following exception can be thrown by MSPGetUploadFile.
MSPException["FileUploadError"] if an error is encountered while retrieving the upload file
There is a maximum size for a file that can be uploaded by MSPGetUploadFile; by default this is 4MB. This is set by the configuration parameter FileUploadSizeLimit.
The function cannot be demonstrated since it must really be part of an actual HTTP transaction with appropriate information sent from the client. This example just simulates the way that the function can be used with Mathematica programming.