finds the component on the game object obj and type "type".
finds the component on the game object with name "name".
finds the component on the game object with name matching the string pattern patt.
finds at most n components.
- FindUnityComponent returns the first Unity game object component it found, Missing["Nonexistent"] if none were found.
- The following option can be specified:
Method "Self" search bounds in the transform hierarchy
- Possible Method settings include:
"Self" searches only the game object "Ancestors" searches the game object and its ancestors "Descendants" searches the game object and its descendants
- FindUnityComponent[…,n] returns a list of at most n components.
- FindUnityComponent[…,All] finds all matching components.
- FindUnityComponent[All] finds all components in the open scenes.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (4)
Find a component from a UnityGameObject reference: