represents a channel receiver function that applies fun to any channel message it receives.
Details and Options
- CloudDeploy[ChannelReceiverFunction[…]] yields a CloudObject containing meta-information that specifies the channel to which messages for the channel receiver should be sent.
- CloudDeploy[ChannelReceiverFunction[…]"curi"] deploys the receiver to ChannelObject["curi"].
- CloudDeploy[ChannelReceiverFunction[…]channel] deploys the receiver to the specified channel, given as ChannelObject[…].
- CloudDeploy[ChannelReceiverFunction[…]] is equivalent to CloudDeploy[ChannelReceiverFunction[…]Automatic].
- In a deployed ChannelReceiverFunction[fun], fun[assoc] is evaluated whenever a channel message is received. The association assoc contains the same elements as in ChannelListen, except for ones specific to the ChannelListener object.
- CloudDeploy[ChannelReceiverFunction[fun]] sets up a channel receiver function that is executed in the cloud and does not require active listeners in any specific Wolfram Language session.
- The function fun is evaluated in the environment of the owner of the channel receiver function.
- Channel receiver functions cannot be triggered by messages that were themselves sent from within channel receiver functions.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Wolfram Research (2017), ChannelReceiverFunction, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ChannelReceiverFunction.html (updated 2020).
Wolfram Language. 2017. "ChannelReceiverFunction." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2020. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ChannelReceiverFunction.html.
Wolfram Language. (2017). ChannelReceiverFunction. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ChannelReceiverFunction.html