is the head used for real (floating‐point) numbers.
- _Real can be used to stand for a real number in a pattern.
- You can enter a floating‐point number of any length.
- You can enter a number in scientific notation by using the form mantissa*^exponent.
- You can enter a floating‐point number in base b using b^^digits. The base must be less than 36. The letters a–z or A–Z are used in sequence to stand for digits 10 through 35.
- Real is also used to indicate an approximate real number in Read.
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1996