GeologicalPeriodRelated Interpreter »
Named time divisions used in the geologic timescale.
gives the value of a specified property.
gives the value of a list of properties.
gives the value of a property associated with a particular date specification.
Sample Entity Classes
AssociatedRockLayer associated rock layer BiologicalEvents biological events CGMWColor Commission for the Geological Map of the World color ContinentalPlates continental plates DinosaurFamilies dinosaur families Duration duration EndingEvent ending event EntityClasses entity classes GeologicalEvents geological events LastPeriod previous period MaximumBiodiversity maximum biodiversity MaximumOxygenLevels maximum atmospheric oxygen MaximumSeaLevel maximum change in sea level MeanBiodiversity mean biodiversity MeanOxygenLevels mean atmospheric oxygen MeanSeaLevel mean change in sea level MeteorCraters meteor craters MinimumBiodiversity minimum biodiversity MinimumOxygenLevels minimum atmospheric oxygen MinimumSeaLevel minimum change in sea level Name name NextPeriod next period ParentDivision parent division ParentEon parent eon ParentEra parent era ParentPeriod parent period StartingEvent starting event Subdivisions subdivisions TimeRange time range Type division type
- "GeologicalPeriod" entities include named time divisions that are part of the geologic timescale and used in geochronology.
- "GeologicalPeriod" entity classes include the various time units used in the geologic timescale, including eons, eras, periods and epochs.
- Some properties are available for the "GeologicalPeriod" entity type as a whole and can be given using the form EntityValue["GeologicalPeriod",property]. Such properties include:
"Properties" the list of available properties "PropertyCanonicalNames" the standard names of available properties "SampleEntities" a sample list of available entities (typically of length 10) "SampleEntityClasses" a sample list of available entity classes (typically of length 10) "EntityCount" number of entities available "Entities" the list of available entities "EntityCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entities "EntityClasses" the list of available entity classes "EntityClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entity classes "PropertyClasses" the list of available property classes "PropertyClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available property classes "PropertyCount" number of properties available
- The following annotations can be used in the third argument of EntityValue["GeologicalPeriod",property,annotation]:
"Source" source information for the property "Date" the date associated with the entity-property value (if any) "EntityAssociation" an association of entities and entity-property values "PropertyAssociation" an association of properties and entity-property values "EntityPropertyAssociation" an association in which the specified entities are keys, and values are a nested association of properties and entity-property values "PropertyEntityAssociation" an association in which the specified properties are keys, and values are a nested association of entities and entity-property values "Dataset" a dataset in which the specified entities are keys, and values are an association of property names and entity-property values
- The following annotations can be used in the second argument of EntityValue[property,annotation]:
"Qualifiers" the list of possible qualifiers for the property "QualifierValues" the list of possible values that can be given to each qualifier "DefaultQualifierValues" the list of default values for the property's qualifiers "Description" a brief textual description of the property "Definition" a detailed textual definition of the property "PhysicalQuantity" the physical quantity associated with the entity-property value "Unit" the unit associated with the entity-property value
- A qualifier value of Automatic indicates that an applicable format of values can be used; e.g. for the "Date" qualifier, this includes a proper date or date span.