- Export supports Versions 1.0 and 2.0 of the FMI standard for model exchange.
- Export supports Version 2.0 of the FMI standard for co-simulation.
Background & Context
- Model or component with defined interfaces for simulation.
- A Functional Mockup Unit (FMU) implements the Functional Mockup Interface (FMI).
- An FMU for model exchange represents an ODE model with events.
- An FMU for co-simulation is a black box model with an embedded solver.
- FMUs for co-simulation communicate inputs and outputs at discrete time points.
- Contains a binary library with a standardized C interface.
- Contains XML file with variable definitions and other model information.
- Export option:
- Supported "FMIVersion" settings are: Automatic, "1.0" and "2.0".
- Supported "FMIKind" settings are: Automatic, "ModelExchange" and "CoSimulation".
Basic Examples (3)
Export an FMU for model exchange:
Export an FMU for co-simulation:
Export an FMU for model exchange using FMI 1.0: