Insert ▶ Inline Free-form Input
Inline Free-form Input
enter free-form linguistics for conversion to inline Wolfram Language input.
- To enter inline free-form input, press or invoke the menu command. Type the free-form input, then press to interpret the input.
- Initially, as you are typing, the free-form linguistics interface looks like this: AddSpans. Once the input is interpreted, the iconography changes to this: AddSpans
- Free-form linguistics that have been interpreted can be edited by clicking inside of the interface. New edits will be re-interpreted after pressing .
- Interpreting free-form input requires an active Internet connection. If you have disabled Internet access or cannot reach the Internet, then free-form inputs will be left unresolved.
- Free-form linguistics is an easy way to enter Quantity expressions.