This package offers currently two different world models: Jay Forrester's WORLD2
model (1971), and Dennis (and Dana) Meadows' WORLD3
model (1972), the latter in its most recently updated form of 2004.
World modeling is one of the most important applications of the System Dynamics methodology. This application, highly popular in the 1970s, has recently found renewed interest due to the widely discussed advents of Peak Oil and Global Warming.
- Cellier, F.E. (1991), Continuous System Modeling, Springer-Verlag, New York, ISBN: 0-387-97502-0, 755p.
- Forrester, J.W. (1971), World Dynamics, Pegasus Communications, 160p.
- Meadows, D.H., D.L. Meadows, J. Randers, and W.W. Behrens III (1972), Limits to Growth: A Report for the Club of Rome's Project on the Predicament of Mankind, Universe Books, New York, 205p.
- Meadows, D.H., D.L. Meadows, and J. Randers (1992), Beyond the Limits, Chelsea Green, 300p.
- Meadows, D.H., J. Randers, and D.L. Meadows (2004), Limits to Growth: The 30-Year Update, Chelsea Green, 368p.