• Direction[vector] returns the direction vector of vector in global coordinates.
• Direction[axis] returns the direction vector of the specified axis.
• vector may be a simple vector or a Mech vector object with head Vector, Line, or Plane (3D).
• Direction[bnum, lpnt] is interpreted as Direction[Vector[bnum, lpnt]].
• Other Direction[args, ... ] instances are interpreted as Direction[Line[args]].
• Mech's overloading of the built-in Direction symbol has no effect on its usage in other Mathematica code.
• See also: Angle, Location, Magnitude, Unit.
Load the Modeler2D package.
Direction returns the direction vector of any Mech geometry object that has the property of having a direction.
Magnitude returns the length of the direction vector of a Mech vector object, taking advantage of some simplifications.
Similarly, Unit takes advantage of the fact that the magnitude of the vector is not a function of the coordinate system that the vector is expressed in. If the vector is already expressed in global coordinates, then such simplifications are not possible.