represents data that is used for describing a discrete partitioning of a region or a boundary of a region.
- ElementMesh[…] is generated by ToElementMesh or ToBoundaryMesh.
- ElementMesh[…] can be extracted from NDSolve`StateData objects generated by NDSolve`ProcessEquations using the "FiniteElementData" and "ElementMesh" properties.
- In standard output format, the bounding box and the number and type of mesh elements are shown.
- ElementMesh objects are used as input for NDSolve, InitializePDEMethodData, and NumericalRegion.
- ElementMesh has the following properties:
"BoundaryConnectivity" gives a list bc such that bc[[i]] gives the boundary elements to which boundary element i is connected "BoundaryElements" gives the boundary elements "BoundaryElementMarkerUnion" gives the union of all boundary element markers "BoundaryNormals" gives normals of boundary elements "Bounds" gives the bounds "Coordinates" gives the coordinates "ElementConnectivity" gives for each mesh element a list ec such that ec[[i]] gives the elements to which element i is connected "EmbeddingDimension" gives the embedding dimensions "MeshElements" gives the mesh elements "MeshElementMarkerUnion" gives the union of all mesh element markers "MeshElementMeasure" gives the measure of each mesh element "MeshOrder" gives the mesh order "PointElements" gives the point elements "PointElementMarkerUnion" gives the union of all point element markers "Properties" gives the properties "Quality" computes the quality of the mesh "VertexBoundaryConnectivity" gives a SparseArray vbc such that vbc[[i]] contains a 1 at the position node i is connected to a boundary element "VertexElementConnectivity" gives a SparseArray vec such that vec[[i]] contains a 1 at the position node i is connected to an element