represents an approximate function whose values are found by interpolation.
- InterpolatingFunction works like Function.
- InterpolatingFunction[…][x] finds the value of an approximate function with a particular argument x.
- In standard output format, only the domain element of an InterpolatingFunction object is printed explicitly. The remaining elements are indicated by <>. »
- domain specifies the domain of the data from which the InterpolatingFunction was constructed.
- If you supply arguments outside of the domain, a warning is generated, and then an extrapolated value is returned.
- InterpolatingFunction objects that take any number of real arguments may be constructed.
- You can take derivatives of InterpolatingFunction objects using D and Derivative.
- NDSolve returns its results in terms of InterpolatingFunction objects.
Make an InterpolatingFunction object that will go through the given points:
Get an InterpolatingFunction object approximating the solution of a differential equation: