initializes the system of boundary conditions beqni in accordance with variable data vd and solution data sd to generate a BoundaryConditionData object.
- The boundary conditions bcij can either be DirichletCondition, NeumannValue or PeriodicBoundaryCondition.
- The i set of boundary conditions bcij is associated with the i equation from:
- The boundary conditions can be functions of space and time.
- Variable data vd and solution data sd are corresponding lists of variables and values. Templates for vd and sd may be generated using NDSolve`VariableData and NDSolve`SolutionData, and components may be set using NDSolve`SetSolutionDataComponent.
- InitializeBoundaryConditions verifies and optimizes the boundary conditions in accordance with variable data vd and solution data sd.
- The "Space" component of vd and sd should be set to the spatial variables and the spatial mesh represented as a NumericalRegion object, respectively.
- The "DependentVariables" component of vd should be set to the list of unknown function names without arguments.
- For time-dependent problems, the "Time" component of vd and sd should be set to the temporal variable and the initial time, respectively.
- For parametric problems, the "Parameters" component of vd and sd should be set to the parametric variables and the initial parametric values, respectively.
- The following options can be given:
"BoundaryTolerance" Automatic tolerance for boundary condition predicate "ScaleFactor" Automatic scaling factor for transient handling of Dirichlet boundary conditions
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Set up a NumericalRegion: