As of Version 8.0, QuantilePlot is part of the built-in Wolfram Language kernel.
creates a quantile‐quantile plot from the real‐valued vectors and .
- To use , you first need to load the Statistical Plots Package using Needs["StatisticalPlots`"].
- plots empirical quantiles of the two vectors against each other.
- sorts the shorter dataset, and then determines interpolated quantiles at the equivalent position in the longer list of data.
- For datasets of equal length, yields the equivalent of plotting the sorted lists against each other.
- has the same options as Graphics, with the following additions and changes:
Axes True whether to draw axes PlotMarkers Automatic markers for points ReferenceLineStyle Automatic style for the reference line
- Valid settings for the option ReferenceLineStyle are None, Automatic, or a style or a list of styles.
- The reference line has a slope of unity. If the points on the plot fall mostly on or near the reference line, the distributions are roughly the same.