- The value of $MessageGroups has the form .
- Named groups can also appear on the right-hand side of the definitions.
- $MessageGroups can be reset. Any string can be used as the name of a message group.
- Named message groups can be used in On, Off, Check, Quiet.
- Predefined named message groups include:
"Compiler" warnings associated with compiled code "Graphics" warnings associated with graphics generation "Obsolete" warnings for obsolete functions and packages "Packing" notifications associated with packed arrays "Spelling" spell-checking messages for symbol names "Symbolics" warnings associated with symbolic computation
Introduced in 2008