evaluates expr "quietly", without actually outputting any messages generated.
quietens only the specified messages during the evaluation of expr.
quietens only the named group of messages.
- Quiet has attribute HoldAll.
- Quiet[expr,moff,mon] specifies that messages in the list should not be generated, but those in should be.
- Explicit message names of the form can be mixed with named message groups.
- Quiet constructs can be nested; the innermost specification for a particular message is the one used.
- The operation of Check and related message functions is not affected by being inside Quiet.
- If Quiet is used inside functions like Check, messages suppressed by Quiet are not tested by Check.
- In Quiet[expr,"name"], possible named message groups are given by $MessageGroups.
- Quiet[expr] is equivalent to Quiet[expr,All]. Quiet[expr,None,All] switches on all messages.
Introduced in 2007
(6.0)| Updated in 2008