gives a list of the convergents corresponding to the continued fraction terms list.
gives the first n convergents for a number x.
gives if possible all convergents leading to the number x.
- The convergents of the continued fraction are the rationals .
- For exact numbers, Convergents[x] can be used if x is rational or a quadratic irrational.
- If x is a quadratic irrational or a representation of a quadratic irrational as a continued fraction, the final list element returned by Convergents[x] is the quadratic irrational represented by x.
- For inexact numbers, Convergents[x] generates a list of all convergents that can be obtained given the precision of x.
- Convergents[x,n] will return n convergents if possible. If x represents a rational or an inexact number, fewer than n terms may be returned.
Introduced in 2007