copies from the local or cloud file file1 to the local or cloud file file2.
- file1 must already exist; file2 must not.
- CopyFile sets the modification date for file2 to be the same as for file1.
- CopyFile returns the full name of the file it copies to and $Failed if it cannot do the copy.
- CopyFile works on cloud and local objects and can copy between local and cloud files.
- Files can be specified either using "path" or File["path"].
- CopyFile has the following option:
OverwriteTarget False whether to overwrite if the target file already exists
Introduced in 1991
(2.0)| Updated in 2016