creates a new channel for channel communication, with a generated name.
creates a channel with the specified path relative to the home area of the currently authenticated user.
creates an active channel associated with the specified channel object.
Details and Options
- CreateChannel["path"] creates a channel at the URL ChannelBase/users/WolframID/path determined from your channel base and Wolfram ID.
- CreateChannel["/abspath"] works only if you have execute permissions at the absolute path specified.
- CreateChannel accepts the same options as ChannelObject.
- If a channel corresponding to spec already exists, then CreateChannel[spec] returns the corresponding channel object.
- The channel broker server does not persist channels indefinitely; channels should be recreated in every session where they are going to be used.