gives the holonomic function , specified by the linear differential equation .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation; also known as holonomic function and D finite function.
- The holonomic function defined by a DifferentialRoot function satisfies a holonomic differential equation with polynomial coefficients and initial values .
- The functions representable by DifferentialRoot include a large number of special functions.
- DifferentialRootReduce can convert most special functions to DifferentialRoot functions.
- FunctionExpand will attempt to convert DifferentialRoot functions in terms of special functions.
- Holonomic functions are closed under many operations, including:
constant multiple, integer power sums and products composition with polynomial, rational, and algebraic functions convolution derivatives and integrals
- DifferentialRoot can be used like any other mathematical function.
- DifferentialRoot is automatically generated by functions such as Integrate, DSolve, and GeneratingFunction.
- DifferentialRoot can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- DifferentialRoot automatically threads over lists.
- DifferentialRoot[lde,pred] represents a solution restricted to avoid cuts in the complex plane defined by , where can contain equations and inequalities.
Introduced in 2008