gives an expression cell that can appear in a Wolfram System notebook.
gives an expression cell with the specified style.
- Expression cells can contain any Wolfram Language expressions, including graphics and dynamic objects.
- An ExpressionCell can appear anywhere in a Wolfram Language expression.
- ExpressionCell[expr] by default formats expr in the current default output format type, typically StandardForm.
- Typical possible styles for expression cells include "Input", "Output", "Section", etc.
- CellPrint[ExpressionCell[expr, "Print"]] is normally effectively equivalent to Print[expr].
- ExpressionCell can have any of the many options of Cell, including, for example:
Background the color of the background for the cell CellBaseline alignment relative to surrounding text CellFrame whether to draw a frame around the cell CellTags tags for the cell Editable whether to allow the contents of the cell to be edited FontSize the default size of text in the cell TextAlignment how to align the contents of the cell
- ExpressionCell[Null] gives an empty expression cell.
Introduced in 2007