creates an empty document notebook and opens it in the front end.
creates and opens a document notebook containing the expression expr.
creates and opens a document notebook consisting of a sequence of cells containing the expri.
replaces the notebook represented by the notebook object obj with the one obtained from expr.
- Possible forms for expr and expri include:
DocumentNotebook[…] a complete notebook TextCell[…] a text cell ExpressionCell[…] an expression cell CellGroup[…] a cell group, potentially nested "string" a string, inside a text cell e an expression e, in an expression cell
- CreateDocument can take any notebook option, together with the following additional options:
WindowSelected True whether the new window should immediately be selected NotebookFileName None the file name for the document created
- CreateDocument will by default create a notebook with name "Untitled-n".
- CreateDocument returns a NotebookObject corresponding to the notebook it creates.
- CreateDocument[expr,obj] overwrites whatever data was contained in the notebook represented by the notebook object obj.