is an object that represents an open notebook in the front end.
- NotebookObject expressions are typically generated by kernel commands such as InputNotebook, EvaluationNotebook, and Notebooks.
- fe is a that specifies the front end in which the notebook is open.
- id is an integer that gives a unique serial number for this open notebook.
- In StandardForm and OutputForm, notebook objects are printed so as to indicate the current title of the window that would be used to display the notebook.
- Functions such as NotebookPrint and NotebookClose take NotebookObject as their argument.
- Within any open notebook, there is always a current selection. The current selection can be modified by applying functions such as SelectionMove to NotebookObject.
- A NotebookObject is permanently invalid after a notebook is closed, even if that notebook is reopened.
Functions that create notebooks return NotebookObject expressions:
Retitling a notebook changes the way the NotebookObject expression is displayed:
The NotebookObject expression itself has not changed: