reduces noise in image by locally thresholding the discrete cosine transforms of overlapping subimages, using the hard threshold t.
- FourierDCTFilter works with arbitrary grayscale and multichannel images.
- Local DCT thresholding is applied to all overlapping 16×16 partitions of image. The value of each output pixel is the average of the corresponding pixel in all partitions that include the pixel.
- For multichannel images, color channels are decorrelated by effectively using a 3D DCT.
- In FourierDCTFilter[image,t], the threshold value t is typically in the range 0 to 1.
- FourierDCTFilter also works with Image3D objects.
Introduced in 2012
(9.0)| Updated in 2014