iteratively reduces noise while preserving rapid transitions in data.
assumes a regularization parameter value param.
Details and Options
- TotalVariationFilter, also known as total variation regularization, is an iterative filter commonly used to reduce different types of additive or multiplicative noise while preserving sharp transitions.
- In TotalVariationFilter[data,param], the value of regularization parameter param is typically in the range 0 to 1.
- The data can be any of the following:
list arbitrary-rank numerical array tseries temporal data such as TimeSeries, TemporalData, … image arbitrary Image or Image3D object audio an Audio object
- The following options can be specified:
MaxIterations 30 maximum number of iterations to be performed Method "Gaussian" type of noise to be removed
- Possible Method settings include: »
"Gaussian" additive Gaussian, uniform and other types of noise "Laplacian" salt-and-pepper or impulse noise "Poisson" multiplicative noise, as in low-light conditions
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 2010
(8.0)| Updated in 2012